My husband is really into all things tactical and practical. If you ever find yourself stranded or in an emergency, he’d be the guy you’d want with you. He carries around a backpack that’s fully equipped for practically every situation you could imagine (and yes, it does have the world’s smallest survival kit in it). Lately he likes looking at those Every Day Carry (EDC) blogs. At first I thought it was pretty ridiculous, but then I started seeing all the neat little things people feel they need on their person and it became interesting to see what different people carry around with them. It’s kind-of a little glimpse into ones personality, I think.
I thought it would be a bit funny to do one on here. So, without further apologizing for my silliness, here is Bria’s EDC:
(I tried to organize it in columns…but do your best to follow along)
- House key, car key and our SUV key, held together by a carabiner (because those come in handy) along with a Rainbow Loom key chain made by my daughter and a paracord key chain made by my husband (which can come apart and has multiple survival uses)
- Wallet (no, I’m not going to go through all of my change and cards…but I am hoping to get a leather one soon)
- Buck knife which is always clipped on the outer pocket of my bag for easy access (Edit: Model 327 Buck Nobleman with Titanium coated stainless steel handle which was a gift from my sister for being her Maid-of-Honor).
- Coffee hook (hooks underneath of your coffee sleeve and then hooks onto your shopping cart).
- 3 pens (one for me and one for each of our older children)
- Black travel make-up case (everything else listed from now on fits nicely inside of it)
- Bath & BodyWorks honey vanilla lotion
- Instant Coffee (Starbucks VIA…you never know when you’ll need a coffee)
- Band-Aid’s (Amelia is my daughter, enough said).
- Ricola cough drops
- Another knife…just because
- Burts Bees lip-gloss, Lip Smackers Dr.Pepper lip-gloss, Lipstick (Elizabeth Arden in Perfect Melon)
- Nail clippers
- Tampon (a girl’s gotta be prepared)
- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday perfume
- Hello Kitty lip-gloss (Amelia’s)
- Mints from the Wynn in Vegas
Not Shown: iPhone, reusable cloth bags that I usually stuff inside, a toque, a notebook, and the paperwork for my non-restricted firearms license that I still haven’t taken out of my bag and should really send away for.
All of which is carried in the medium Tobacco coloured Leather Satchel (which converts quickly and easily into a backpack) made by Saddleback Leather. You should really check them out. For real. We have a number of their products (my bag, a few leather pouches and our iPad case) and they really do make the best leather products.
So that’s that. My EDC. Maybe not full of cool gear like everyone else’s, but it’s what I need for being a busy mother of three on-the-go! So, is anyone else is brave enough to dump the contents of their bag or purse?