- I just downed a stiff cup of coffee. I realized that I probably needed one after waking up from having passed-out on our *new* basement couch (so comfy). My book was slumped over and the kids were long gone….sitting at the kitchen table playing with Lego quietly. Good kiddies.
- After writing number one I ran upstairs and poured myself another cup of coffee.
- Rhys and I went through a trial run of getting ready for school this morning. This was for me as much as it was for him. Turns out we were all ready to go a full hour before we even needed to put our jackets on. Rhys was excited, I was nervous.
- I have lists and lists of things that I need to buy or get done for Rhys’ birthday party.
- I bought two new hats for $7 the other day. Yay for Zellers clearance sales!
- Everyday James glances over at Rhys’ “Countdown To Kindergarten” calendar that we have on the wall…I think that he’s just as nervous and rattled about having a child in school as I am.
- Don’t rent the movie ‘Igor’ for your kids. It was really weird. I mean really weird.
- I am looking forward to seeing friends and family all gathered together in our home on Saturday. It’ll be quite squished but it’ll be fun.
- I am also looking forward to having breakfast at church on Sunday (@ 8:45 if anyone wants to join us).
- I had a wonderful long weekend with James, who just so happened to be home for the entire time! So rare but so good.
I’ll have to leave you with that for now. I have a million things on my mind this week with Rhys starting school, my mom’s group starting-up again and Rhys’ birthday party. I’m a bit scattered but hopefully next week things will get back to ‘normal’…or at least our new normal.
Happy ‘Back To School’ week!